The Kananaskis valley is unlike anywhere else in the world! Onsite you will find easy access to trails for exploring, hiking, biking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Conveniently located within the valley, you will find pristine acres made for exploring; world class skiing at Nakiska, day parks, trails, lakes and rivers, along with an abundance of nature and wildlife. There is something for every level of adventure seeker.
Visit www.rediscoveradventure.com or contact the Kananaskis Concierge Team at the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge to explore and plan for the Canadian Rockies.
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Rock Climbing
- White Water Rafting
- Helicopter Tours
- Cross-country Skiing
- Downhill Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Ice Climbing
- Dog Sledding
- Star Gazing
The Kananaskis outfitters located adjacent to the hotel offers a wide array of mountain rental equipment, guided tours and fun activities. Visit www.kananaskisoutfitters.com for a full listing.
Customise your holiday by booking special outdoor adventures and activities through our Guest Activities Desk. Use our voucher system to book adventures in and around the Kananaskis Valley and conveniently charge your room.
- White-water rafting with Canadian Rockies Rafting down the Kananaskis, Bow and Kicking Horse rivers
- Western horseback rides with Boundary Ranch
- Day passes to Calaway Park family amusement park
- Personalized guided hikes or mountain bike adventures with Kananaskis Outfitters
- Helicopter sightseeing tours, heli-skiing or custom charters with Alpine Helicopters
- Ski and snowboard passes for Nakiska
- Sleigh rides with Boundary Ranch
- Personalized, guided snowshoe tours with Kananaskis Outfitters
- Personalized, guided cross-country ski tours with Kananaskis Outfitters
Boundary Ranch is just five minutes away from the hotel and offers adventures, equestrian rentals and rodeos. A shuttle service is available.
- Guided trail rides
- Backcountry trips
- The “surf and saddle” — a full day of horseback ride, steak lunch and white-water rafting
- Group barbecues
- Hay rides
- Sleigh rides
For more information contact Boundary Ranch at 403-591-7171 or www.boundaryranch.com
Explore the Canadian Rockies by mountain bike on more than 1,400 kilometres of paved and dirt paths — more than any other Alberta location. For bike rentals and other cycling needs, visit the Kananaskis Outfitters in the Village Centre or online.
Four tennis courts open daily are just steps away from the resort. Free tennis rackets and balls are provided to hotel guests.
The hotel can provide tennis rackets and balls, basketballs, footballs and soccer balls, baseball equipment and hockey sticks and pucks. Guests can sign out equipment from the front desk and at no charge.
Here in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, guests can discover a golfing paradise. There are a number of excellent courses in the area, including Gleneagles in Cochrane and Stewart Creek in Canmore, both a short drive from the hotel.
- Kananaskis Country Golf Course (5 miles)
- Phone: 1 403 591 7070 • Greens fees apply • Rentals and Lessons • Putting green • 36 holes, 7,136 | 7,232 yards. Par for course: 72
- Brewster’s Kananaskis Golf Course (24.9 miles)
- Phone: +1 403 673 2700 • Greens fees apply • Rentals and Lessons • Putting green • 18 holes, 3,598 yards. Par for course: 72
- Stewart Creek Golf Course (32.9 miles)
- Phone: +1 877 993 GOLF • Greens fees apply • Rentals and Lessons • Putting green • 18 holes. Par for course: 72
- Silvertip Golf Course (36.1 miles)
- Phone: +1 877 877 5444 • Greens fees apply • 18 holes. Par for course: 72 Designed by Les Furber
Discover world-class downhill skiing at nearby Nakiska, site of the alpine events for the 1988 Winter Olympic Games.
- For a less vertical adventure, experience more than 250 kilometres of scenic cross-country ski trails around Kananaskis Country.
- For cross-country ski, snowshoe or ice skate rentals, visit the Kananaskis Outfitters in the Village Centre or online.
- For up-to-date information on where to cross-country ski, Kananaskis trail information and conditions are available at Peter Lougheed Provincial Park.
- Discover Kananaskis Country
- Nakiska Ski Hill
- Fortress Mountain
- Boundary Ranch
- Peter Lougheed Provincal Park
- Canmore Nordic Centre
- Canmore Museum and Geoscience Centre
- Elevation Place
- Town of Canmore
- Calaway Park
- Troll Falls Hike
AREA TOUR SERVICES
Let those in the know show you around town
- Cave Tours – Canmore Cave Tours | +1 877 317 1178
- Dog Sled Tours – Snowy Owl Dog Sled Tours | +1 888 311 6874
- Fat Bike Frozen Waterfall Tour – Kananaskis Outfitters | +1 403 591 7000
- Helicopter Tours – Alpine Helicopters | +1 403 881 9901
- Snowshoe Tours – Kananaskis Outfitters | +1 403 591 7000
- Stargazing Fondue Tour – Kananaskis Outfitters | +1 403 591 7000
Distance to the Activities
- Bike rentals – 0.1 miles
- Biking trail – 0.1 miles
- Boating – 12.4 miles
- Fly-fishing – 12.4 miles
- Hiking – 0.1 miles
- Horseback riding – 3.8 miles
- Kayaking – 6.2 miles
- Mountain biking, trail – 3.1 miles
- Nature preserve, trail – 3.1 miles
- River rafting – 16.2 miles
- Rock climbing – 3.1 miles
- Snow skiing – 1.9 miles